We had such a lovely time in London and I'm finally feeling all caught up on things at home... I've sent off some film to have developed, but until then I thought it'd be fun to share a few of our favorite memories from the trip. We enjoyed the company of some dear friends, got to proudly watch The Civil Wars open for Adele (twice!), met lots of interesting people and ate our hearts out on some of the best food ever.
A few of our favorite things included:
1. A traditional English pub. A local friend took us to this place but unfortunately I can't remember the name! There are plenty of great ones though -- a few that have been recommended to me are The Southampton Arms, The Bull & Last and Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese.
2. Electric House on Portobello Road. This place was amazing - I could live there! We went late one night for drinks... it is a private members club in Notting Hill. The door is unmarked and you have to go up the stairs to find this magical secret place.
3. Punjab Indian Restaurant. Hands down the best Indian food I've ever had. The Peshwari Naan was amazing.Yum!
4. Esarn Kheaw Thai Restaurant. Try saying that ten times fast. Best Pad Thai in the world, really. This place is tiny, so make a reservation.
5. A walk home with full (and happy) bellies.